Here are some Frequently Asked Questions, answered in everyday language.
● Domain Name: A domain name is your Internet identity and unique online brand. Customers will remember and use this address to find your Web Site, your Products or Your Services.
● Register: A registrar is a company that controls and maintains domain registrations and domain records. You, as the domain owner can alter the domain records to work with any web host. Modifications to the domain record are processed by the registrar of the name.
● Hosting: Once you have purchased your domain name, in order to have an actual website on the internet you will need to a web hosting package. This enables you to upload your web pages and allow them to be viewed by anyone with access to the internet.
Here’s a ink to one of the best in the business. iPowerWeb. I have been using them for more than 10 years.
Generally, the first web page will take about two hours to complete. However, once the design is completed, replacing content for additional pages of the same design often ranges anywhere from 15 minutes to 1 hour.
To make it simple and cost effective we offer design packages ranging from as little as $99.00.
See Our Full Line of Design Packages and Get a Free Quote.
Yes. We have some Design Packages you can choose from.
Or we can offer you a fixed rate outside of these packages, but the details of the site will need to be clearly defined before we can estimate how much work will be involved.
The nature of web site development makes it difficult to estimate the amount of time needed to complete a job.
Each project may present its own challenges in graphic design, page layout, programming, and cross-browser compatibility. Hourly rates usually reflect an overestimate of the work required to finish a project, plus an additional overhead. Almost undoubtedly, any hourly rate estimate we make will end up at a higher cost than if we charged by the job. In other words, if you save us the effort of estimating your project time, we will save you money.
Yes. If you have a company brochure, that’s a good place to start.
You will need to decide what you want on your web site. Many sites have pages in common: a home page which introduces the company, a page for products and/or services, a feedback form or order page, and a contact page. We’d be happy to discuss this in more detail with you!
Fine Art and Graphics Design only produces custom designs.
We don’t use cookie-cutter web sites, design templates, or try to sell everyone similar-looking sites. Your web site will have an original design. If you have design ideas in mind — colors or layouts — let us know and we’ll incorporate them. If you’ve seen other web sites that you like, let us know and we can “borrow” from their designs.
We will submit your site to many of the common search engines.
Once the site is live on the Internet, and let you know which ones we’ve submitted to. And if you would like us to submit your site to more search engines, or to find niche directories, we can do that at our hourly rate.
If your current site is two or three years old an update is definitely needed. Think of all the recent changes that have occurred. Things such as Social Media, Applications for Mobile Devices and Tablets just to mention a few.
The more work you have done, the less we have to do.
● Plan what sections you want in your web site.
● Choose colors and layout styles.
● Point us to sites that you want to be similar to.
Want your web site to have the same content as your marketing material?
1. Supply us with electronic files of text and graphics.
2. We can start you out with a small web site, or even the single-page Virtual Business Card. And when you’re ready, we’ll upgrade.
For more ideas, and information about choosing your Internet Service Providers, ask us.
We want you to succeed.
How much longer did it take to download the page you saw with the animated graphics and/or Flash animation?
We like to focus more on the content of the site, its ease of navigation, download time, and browser compatibility. Most web surfers will leave your site if it doesn’t load in less than ten seconds.
We believe that your customers will appreciate your site’s simpler design and ease of use, rather than a site using bleeding-edge technology that your web site visitors won’t be able to see unless they’re using the very latest browser version, the highest resolution monitor, and a super-fast computer and Internet connection.
The choice is yours.