The mind is an important graphic design tool and the method of presentation demands proper communication.
Having Problems Talking With Your Designer?
Take a look at these Communication Tips.. Do’s and Don’ts.
● Don’t ask for a logo and want an illustration.
● Don’t ask for a book cover and want an illustration.
● Don’t reinvent the wheel, Roll With It.
● Don’t try to change an industry and think you will be successful at it.
● Look at what the experts have done and duplicate the process.
● Know The Industry Standards. The Human Mind is accustomed to looking for certain designs to represent certain things.
You wouldn’t go to a Ford Dealership looking for GMC.
What You Say and What is Heard:
● What You Say: What I want to see is…..
What’s Heard: You want to put my hands on your brain.
● What You Say: We are Almost There!
What’s Heard: Forget all that crap I said before and let’s start over from here.
● What You Say: The More I look at it…
What’s Heard: Please forgive me for calling your work shoddy, but….
● What You Say: We’ve Decided…
What’s Heard: You can’t make a decision on your own.
● What You Say: I want More of….
What’s Heard: So we can just forget the contract.
Get the Point!
If you want to know more See Our
Frequently Asked Questions.
Work at Home For Busy Moms and Dads!